Tis the season for thrifting, garage sales, and flea markets. Which for me, means the season of love. A couple years ago thrifting was no where near a trend but guess who brought it to life… this girl. Here are some reasons why I enjoy thrifting..
1. Vintage is sooo in. It’s similar to how we buy our jeans already worn in with fade and holes. Or how you wish you could buy converse sneakers already broke in (which you can now btw).
2. Craft inspirations. Sometimes you find things that need some sprucing up or can be re-invented. For instance… I just bought a chair that I plan to touch up with some paint and give it a new life.
3. One of a kind. Who doesn’t like having company over and hearing “OMG that’s so cool! Where did you find that?”. That’s when you say “I thrifted it for 5 bucks” and they get that jealous look on their face. Naner-naner boo-boo you can’t buy one, only I can.
4. The feeling of getting lucky. There are days while thrifting when you feel like the luckiest person on earth will all your gems. You think to yourself… thank the lord I didn’t wait until yesterday because I would have missed all of this.
But let’s not forget how much of a bargain thrifting can be. Sometimes you find yourself buying something because it’s just such a good deal. For instance…
1. Numerous vintage coach purses for $40 or less.
2. A couple designer jackets (I’m talking like a $300 blazer, $700 jacket in the store) for 30-40 bucks.
3. Various shoes like Minnetonka Moccasins and Sperry Topsiders that you always have a need for.
4. And other knick-knacks that I like to describe as “Urban Outfitters” inspired.
So the next time you find yourself walking down several Target aisles looking at the same thing in 5 different colors… try giving thrifting a try. You can thank me later.